Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2012 Resolution

Happy New Year!

Picking a New Year's resolution is a tradition which I particularly enjoy. I've never kept one for a whole year, but that's beside the point. The start of a year and a new good habit is refreshing and motivational. Awhile ago I was reading a marriage blog that I enjoy perusing on occasion, and one post in particular has stuck with me. It basically said that when it comes to being wanted, all one can do is present something worth wanting.  I found that so profound and eye-opening. So my resolution this year will be to present and BE something worth wanting...as a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend.  It means becoming a better person in many ways, such as being kind, nurturing my friendships and family, being patient with my children, etc.  It also means taking responsibility (at least in part) for the failure or success of these relationships.

So, on this first day of 2012, I hereby resolve to:
     Be a wife worth marrying over again.
     Be a mother one would choose if given a choice.
     Be a daughter, sister, and friend that is supportive, present, loving, compassionate, etc, etc, etc.

And I can't help but wonder - what will 2012 bring?  2009 brought us Everett.  2010 brought the pregnancy that brought us Paxton in 2011.  It's crazy to look back on all the change that has happened in three short years!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great resolution. although, you seem to already accomplish all of those things. so maybe you could just say continue to do all of these... ;)

    happy new year to you and your sweet familY!! :)

    ReplyDelete