Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm This Many *holds up half a finger*

Wow - 6 months have come and gone too fast. Our lives are so much richer with you in them, Everett. I love watching you make people happy. When meeting new people, there are an initial few seconds of watching the person, then you give them a big smile. It always warms their heart. When you see someone you already know, you give up that sweet smile much sooner. We feel blessed to have such a happy baby.

Here's what's going on lately:

Still no teeth! I feel like we're SOOOO close! I can see them in the gums, but they have yet to poke through. He sure does seem like it's hurting him though, so any day.

Still no crawling! He tries SO hard and gets really frustrated that he can't go forward. He is excellent at getting in crawling and push-up position and even balances like a tripod on two arms and one leg. He rocks on his legs and faceplants sometimes. But so far, those arms are not letting him going forward. He is incredibly close though. I'm torn between rescuing him when he gets frustrated and letting him try to work it out for a few minutes.

This month he got to go in a baby swing for the first time. It was so much fun. He seemed to really enjoy it. I'm on the lookout now for parks with them.



I try to give him lots of opportunities for socialization. We go to postnatal yoga several times per week and a few playgroups. As is normal for all babies at this age, he is really captivated by other babies whether they are in real life or in a picture.

This month Everett got to meet his Great Grandma, Great Grandpa, and his Great Aunt Jane (did you realize you're a Great?)! It was a real treat to get to see them as they live in Illinois and Wisconsin. We plan to see them again in July when he takes his first plane ride for the family reunion!


Crawling is easy! This is how you do it!


I don't know if I'm ready for power tools Great Grandpa!

As seen in a previous post, he now eats food every other day. It's just too messy for me to tackle on a daily basis. So far, he has just had rice cereal and carrots. Next week turnips and then beets. (root vegetables are in season)

It's been really fun to see his face hold more diverse expressions lately, mostly with the increased use of his eyebrows! When I hold him and brush my teeth he looks at me with worry, not quite sure why I'm foaming at the mouth. His initial reaction to the carrots was also really funny - a mix of confusion and distaste.

Life just keeps getting more and more fun! I can't wait to see what next month brings! I have a feeling it's going to be a momentous one.

No comments:

Post a Comment