Friday, January 8, 2010

Our Little Baby is 2 Feet Tall!

Today was Everett's 2 month appointment with the pediatrician.  Here are his latest measurements:

Weight: 12 lb 7 oz! (75th percentile)
Length:  24 1/4 inches! (90+ percentile)
Head circumference: 40.5 cm (50th percentile)

The poor little dude had to get a few shots today.  I never understood why taking children to get shots affected parents so much until these last few months.  I, of course, cried with him as I expected I would.  This experience made me think about all the things my parents have watched happen to my sister and me.  Me getting 7 teeth pulled in 3rd grade and 5 years of braces getting tightened, Lauren flying off her bike and fracturing her skull, Lauren having jaw surgery, perhaps even my c-section, the usual shots, bumps, and bruises, etc.

I've heard about studies that show breastfeeding reduces pain.  I thought about that as I nursed him after his shots, and I think it helped reduce both of our pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment