Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kale Chips

I'm constantly trying to get more green stuff in my little people and Eric, though I didn't even bother asking Eric to try these.  He came into the kitchen asking "why are you making broccoli cookies???" after smelling my experiment with agave nectar, cocoa powder, and cinnamon on a batch (not good - I do NOT recommend trying that). Salt, however, was good.

Heat the oven to 350.  Spray the pan with cooking spray.  Spread out kale torn into bite size chunks.  Make sure it's clean and dry (so you don't end up steaming it).  Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt, and remember a little goes a long way because they shrink up.  Cook for about 10 - 15 minutes.  Shake the pan or give one a poke to see when they are crispy.  Easy.  Tasty.  Goodness.

I found it funny how as they crumbled with the bites, they left little green flecks all over Everett's and Paxton's mouths.

Holding his plate up so Pax won't eat his kale chips.


"What's that?!  You say these are vegetables?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment