Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Paxton is 3 Months!

Wow, I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  Time flies.  I will admit it has been a hard three months.  Not because Pax is difficult at all, but rather the overall transition to family of four.  I feel like it has been an intensive training in parenting two, and I am starting to get the hang of our new routine.  I'm much more comfortable bringing them both somewhere now, though it is still quite scary when traffic or elevators are involved (there was an incident involving a small Everett hand getting stuck for an eternity a short time.  It was so scary I felt like I could faint, but all is well and Dr. Daddy was there).  Our challenge these days is getting them to not wake each other up when napping or sleeping at night.  Bedtime can be like a crazy sleep circus involving me going from one baby to the other and back to get them both asleep sometimes.  This is, of course, when Eric is working in the evening.  When he's here it is much easier to coordinate.

So Pax seems to have turned into a typical three month old baby overnight.  But he DID turn into a three month baby overnight, you say.  Ok, that's true.  But any parent will understand that three months is magical.  All of a sudden he is more engaged in his environment.  He laughs more easily and for longer periods of time.  Watching Everett is fascinating and usually gets a smile.  All of a sudden he is also talking a LOT and loudly.  I really love having conversations with him.

Here is an excellent video of my singing...no, don't worry...of Pax laughing.  Oh, but there IS singing.  Sorry.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment