Monday, April 12, 2010

Learning to Eat

I have to say it is really interesting to see the learning process for everyday things that I take for granted. Things like walking, talking, sitting, and eating. Everett has now embarked upon the eating learning process. I don't know why I thought it would be as simple as putting food on a spoon in his mouth. Between him grabbing the spoon and us trying to get a runny substance from the bowl to (the inside of) his mouth via a tiny spoon, it really is difficult. We started with some rice cereal. Initially, we were going to skip the cereal and just go for fruits and veggies. On a whim, we decided to go with the cereal, and now I am glad we did. I imagine that this is a much cheaper way to learn how to eat off a spoon before veggies and fruits are introduced. I'm not sure that he actually ate any of the cereal initially. It has definitely been a fun (and trying) experience though. When he started blowing raspberries on the spoon it was funny, messy, and the signal to end that session. He blew raspberries for the rest of the day; rediscovering his mouth I imagine. I really am impressed though. He seems to enjoy eating, and he has eagerly gone after the notoriously yucky rice cereal whether we mix it with milk or water. Hopefully we have a not-so-picky eater on our hands.




He gets a lit-tle frustrated when there's no more food.

No comments:

Post a Comment