Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More Good Mornings

A few weeks ago, when the crying was a bit more frequent and I a bit less experienced, our monitor picked up a neighbor baby one morning. She awakened and was singing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star before her mother came to get her (and turned off the monitor - bummer, I was enjoying that!). I thought surely these people have picked this baby up from Pleasantville. Where else would a baby wake up singing instead of crying!

This morning I woke to happy sounds on *my* monitor. I was intrigued and rushed over to his room. Sure enough, he was entertaining himself. He had some big smiles for me and lots of animated happy movement. Of course, as soon as I try to capture it on film for Eric, he gets shy and just stares at the camera.

As for another milestone, I found him at the opposite end of his crib for the first time. He scooted himself at least the length of his body. Pretty good! I don't think I could do that myself. As a matter of fact, I'm absolutely sure I could not do that. Babies have abs of steel. I, unfortunately, do not.

Now to enjoy more of this happy (morning dare I say?) person!

1 comment:

  1. haha, this post made me literally lol. im jealous...we havent had any baby monitor mishaps yet! :)

    ReplyDelete