Friday, August 10, 2012

Zoo Trip

I am waaaay behind on blogging.  I've been so overwhelmed with all that's been going on that I haven't had the time or will-power to sit down and write about it.  I will, but in the meantime, here's what we did today. 

In an attempt to make friends, I have joined up with a meetup.com mom group in the area.  We've been to a few playdates, and Everett has been really clingy most of the time.  I knew today would be a surefire hit since it was the Denver Zoo.  Ev really loves animals.  We talked about going for a few days, and then this morning while playing, Everett started getting ready unbeknownst to me.  He was putting a selection of animal themed books into a little box "to read to the animals".  !!!  What a cutie!  This was amazing to me for a few reasons.  This was really the first time he has made a plan this extensive, and he was so serious about it.  I did not give him any ideas in this endeavor.  It was completely Everett.  He was thoughtful in his selections as you can see below and carried them in his lap on the car ride as well as in his lap in the stroller.  Since we were keeping up with people we met there and it was a little crowded, there wasn't really opportunity to sit and read to the animals.  But the thought was just amazing to me.  I did ask him on the way out if he wanted to read the animals a book, to which he said no. 



And tonight...

Preface first - Everett answers almost every question with "yeah" instead of the actual answer.  We've been trying to help him with this. 

Ev: Dad, do you know about the elephants?
Eric:  Yeah.
Ev:  Don't say yeah, Dad.  Answer the question!

No comments:

Post a Comment